Mona's Blog

Thursday, March 23, 2006

It snowed about 6 inches here in Indianapolis on Tuesday. Then on Wednesday it got into the mid-40's with bright sunshine, melting all the snow instantly. Well, yesterday as I left work to go home, I took my usual route and noticed that there were lots of puddles in the road due to the enormous amounts of snow melting. I then came across a portion of the road that was COMPLETELY submerged under water. Not just some water, but a wide expanse of water that would almost come up to one's knees if wading in it that went on for about half a block. An SUV turned around in someone's driveway to take another route and avoid the water-logged route. I sat for a second and thought about it......my car is very low to the ground, as most of you know. It's also 15 years old....do I want to chance it? And then I thought.....my car is almost 15 years old! Who the hell cares!! So, I went for it!! I got scared there for a second in the middle part, as that was the deepest part and my car seemed sluggish getting through it. I made it though!!! And I was laughing my ass off the whole time. The Geo totally rocks!!

2 Comments:

  • At 12:41 PM , Blogger Angie said...

    Hey, I surfed over from Wandering Woman's blog... I am in Indiana too but I spent time in Spain a couple years ago. You should definitely go! A hundred times, yes! :) If you need any advice on places to go in Madrid, I would be happy to help.

     
  • At 5:54 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hey Angie! Thanks for your posting. And for your words of encouragement! It's always great to have someone cheer you on. I'm still looking into schools in Spain....I think it would be a blast!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home