Mona's Blog

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

New Car?

So, after many, many years of driving the Geo around, I've been kicking around the idea of purchasing a new car. I'd like to either purchase something a bit bigger, or at least more versatile than the Geo (which isn't all that hard to do on either counts). I still want good mileage and I'd like to keep the price below $15,000 if I buy new. Buying used is an option, but I'm not certain that's the way I'd like to go.

So, I've been looking at different models online and these are the models that I think I'll take a look at in person....the listing is completed in no particular order:

- Pontiac Vibe: OK, it's a Pontiac, which has me wary. But it's so cute! It's mileage is 30/36, which is decent. Buying new it would cost over the my limit, however.
- Toyota Matrix: It's basically the equivalent to the Vibe. Not as cute, however. Mileage is 30/36 with a price of $15.2 new.
- Honda Fit: I think it's smaller than the two mentioned above, but it's supposed to be very functional with it's interior (everything fits in your Fit!!). It's mileage is 33/38 (nice) and has a base of $13.8.....which is decent.

I also looked at the Toyota Yaris (too small, I believe) and the Dodge Caliber (mileage is sort of sucky). Any thoughts or advice on these cars or others? :)

7 Comments:

  • At 5:19 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I think the Dodge Calibur looks pretty cool. Probably gets crappy milage though. If it's me, I'd probably get a pick up. It's probably not too practical for you though. I would just need it for hauling big things. Sure, the van is ok for that, but not very manly. Of course, after my post on Woody's blog, my manliness is definately in question.

     
  • At 5:57 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Eric, you're manlihood is still in check. I just read your comments on Woody's blog and the fact that you have a heated opinion on NBA football proves that you are still as manly as ever. Trust me.

     
  • At 7:55 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    "NBA Football?" Um... that's basketball, Mona. And Eric's manhood? I don't even want to talk about it. :)

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Sorry...NFL...right? Whatever....I think it starts with an "N."

     
  • At 1:10 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    buy a mustang :)

     
  • At 6:21 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    So, Mona, you've noticed my manliness, eh? Can't say I blame you. I reek of testosterone.

    Woody, Thanks.

    iceetea2, The new Mustang is sweet. I agree totally.

     
  • At 11:25 PM , Blogger Eidolon said...

    They aren't for everyone, but I'm a fan of the Scions. Everyone that I've talked to who owns one loves it. The xA model is under $14k and gets 31/38 mpg.

    Just a thought!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home