Mona's Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Spring is Here!


I'm so excited about the warm weather and the beauty of Spring. Since it's gotten nicer outside, I've been taking advantage of the luxury I have of living so close to work (I'm not quite 4 miles away from work).....I've been walking to work! It's fantastic exercise and puts me in a great mood for the day. I've been taking my camera along on the off-chance that I'd run into something that I'd want to take a pic of. Every time I walk the route it seems I see something interesting, cute or pretty. Of the pics here: The first is some of the first cute purple flowers that blossomed. I don't know the name of this flower. Help anyone? The other is of the turtles that live in the canal that like to sun themselves during the day. They all pile up on a log and just sit there for hours. Then there is the raccoon photo....this raccoon was just out and about during the day. I thought it was weird that he was out. And then finally...the cutest picture of them all. The mommy duck with all her ducklings. As I was passing her, I didn't realize that she was sitting on all her kids. When she got up, all these cute ducklings scampered out from under her. I took several steps back to make her feel safe so I could take a picture. She posed very nicely for me. very time I look at the picture I feel like scooping up all the ducklings and nuzzling my face in them. SO CUTE!!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I want to say that that flower is lupine. not sure though. I've never seen that shade of blue before. it looks like lupine though.

     
  • At 5:59 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Well....I don't think it's Lupine, but I'm not positive. I just looked up Lupine in the google image search and I think I've seen that flower before...I'm pretty sure the one I took a picture of was different. I bet my mom would know. I'll ask her.

     
  • At 6:03 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    My mom emailed me an told me that the flower is Grape Hyacinth. In her words "It's Grape Hyacinth. "Grape" because the flower doesn't open up, it remains in the round, grapey shape plus the purple grape color."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home