Mona's Blog

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Uncool Bikers....

Ok, so I don't usually use my blog as a place to bitch, but I felt the need today. I just can't stand rude and inconsiderate people, but especially when bikers are rude to pedestrians.

I was walking home from work yesterday. It's a lovely walk with a lot of nature and right near a canal. As you all know, I take my camera with me to take pictures now and then. As I was walking along, a saw a mom and dad goose with all their cute, fuzzy goslings. OMG were they the cutest!! So, I paused to take a picture. I was centering my camera on them and was almost ready to snap it when I heard faintly in the distance...."Heads up." I had my finger poised, ready to snap the shot so I didn't move immediately and the guy started yelling "HELLOOOOO!!!! HEEEEEELLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!" in an exceptionally rude tone of entitlment. Sorta like "I'm a bad-ass biker and under no circumstances will I change my speed for a dumb-ass pedestrian with a camera." He then proceeded to FLY by me (mind you that this is a route that a lot of pedestrians use).

Of course, instead of flipping the person off or showing any anger or even annoyance, I apologized and scooted out of the way. I APOLOGIZED! I just can't stand how passive I am sometimes. And no, I don't really want to be rude back to the person (well, for split-second I thought about yelling "JACK-ASS" at the top of my lungs as he rode off), but I don't want to let assholes walk on me, either. I end up feeling bitter about the situation and internalizing the pissed off feelings, which isn't good. So, I need to figure out a way to react to people like that so I can get out some feelings, but do it in a way that isn't rude. Hmmmmmm.....not sure how that one works.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:44 PM , Blogger Woody! said...

    How dare you be filled with human decency! Next time, clothesline him.

     
  • At 6:52 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Ha! That's funny....or I could put a big stick in his spokes as he rids by. :) Evil is funny.

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    If you use the stick idea, try to make the butt hole fly into a body of water. Add insult to injury, that's my motto.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home