Mona's Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Look at me! I'm getting my ass kicked!!

In my quest to lose a few pounds, I decided to go to a Cardio Box class at the Health Rec Center. While there was a part of me that was a bit timid about going to one of these energetic, bouncy classes, I thought "What the hell." And the confident side of me thought it would be a good idea to do my own abs routine prior to going to the class. So, I did my lower back bends, my crunches, my leg-lifts, my side-bends, my oblique twists.....and then went to Cardio box. Yeah....that was a bit dumb.

I actually could have done worse with the cardio part of things, except that we bounced the whole damn time. After 15 minutes, my calves were cramped and burning because we just kept jumping around. And then she leaves the last 20 minutes (it's an hour class) to "toning," which included a lot of abs work. Since I had already devoted 40 minutes of my own routine just to my abs, I was hurting and sloppy during this part. BUT, I got through it!!! I was red, sweaty, and even a bit cranky....but I got through it. Never mind that walking today it a bit difficult and if I laugh my abs hurt like hell. I think next week I'll save my abs workout for another day.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home