Mona's Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2007

A blizzard....in Indiana????



Yeah, a little weird, huh? They were actually calling the snow situation in the Carmel area (just north of Indianapolis) a blizzard. Apparently they got about 11 inches of snow. I, being just north of downtown Indianapolis, only got about 9 inches, I think. We had two snow-days from work, which was cool....but not being able to leave my house wasn't so cool. I tried leaving yesterday and it didn't work very well. I got about 10 feet and got stuck. Couldn't go forward or backward. Fortunately, I had some strong men come push me back right into my garage. Until they clear the secondary streets, there's no way my car will be able to get through this stuff. So, I had a co-worker drive me to work today and I most likely won't venture out on my own for another day or two. The pictures are of my neighborhood and front walk. It took me an hour to clear all the walks because there is a nice layer of ice one has to crack through before being able to move the snow. LOVELY! It was a good workout!

8 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    OMG so much snow! it was on the news here in The Netherlands! we had a little bit lately too, but that was nothing compaired to what you got! It looks so cool!
    On my own blog I have a photo of my dog running through the snow, he loved it off course!

    Love, Linda
    http://lindavanderwildt.blogspot.com

     
  • At 7:06 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hi, Linda! Having that much snow was certainly unusual for Indiana. It does look cool, though. Not so cool to drive in it!

     
  • At 7:48 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We got 10 inches with blowing snow and drifts. I got so sick of the news people making such a huge deal out of it. It was just a winter storm like the ones we used to get as kids. News people always try to make things a bigger deal than what they really are. Channel 13 had five continuous hours of news coverage. Give me a break.

     
  • At 11:12 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    we only got nine inches. I strained my shoulder shoveling yesterday. It really hurts. The roads here were pretty clear already. Still, lots of people are getting stuck and going off the road.

     
  • At 12:51 AM , Blogger james said...

    How is it that I have managed to miss the big snow storms that pound our fair state. So sad for me :)
    Yesterday was gorgeous in Berat. Plus with local elections, we are getting power 24 hrs a day. Waahoo.

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yay! for 24 hours a day of power! You're missing out on all the annoyances of the snow...but then there's sledding. WHEEE! :)

     
  • At 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mona, remember our "sledding"?

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OF COURSE! Best time sledding ever. Never mind that there wasn't any snow. We were (are?) such dorks. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home