Mona's Blog

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Rejoice!

So, last night Tyler and I decided spontaneously to attend Butler University's Chorale and Symphony Orchestra's Christmas celebration called "Rejoice!". It was FANTASTIC! Tyler and I sat in the very front row, so we were able to see the expressions on their faces, see what fingering they needed to use in order to get out the right notes, and see the sweat beads spilling down the sides of the conductor's face. It was amazing. And the highlight of the evening for me was watching one of the conductor's incredible amount of energy as he conducted. It was a bit comicle at first, as he appeared to be dancing and doing head jams. His entire body was feeling the music and projecting the course of the notes to be played to his pupils. His white, fluffy hair would bounce around as his head flailed to the music. It was amazing and I'm really glad I got to go.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    If I did not know better I would say you have a little crush on the conductor! Amy Louise

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha! That's funny. I was genuinely impressed by his talent and lack of concern at restraining his enthusiasm, but I'm not sure I can have a crush on an old guy. Maybe if he was 20 years younger. :)

     
  • At 4:20 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Maybe it was the old conductor for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra. I remember seeing him once and he had a HUGE package (it was pointed out to me). That could explain your being, um, impressed. I am also glad that I realized that it was an orchestra instead of a choir, considering the "fingering" it too to get the right notes. I know, I know..... I am a perv. I wouldn't want to disappoint.

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I laughed out loud at your comment, Eric. You're hilarious.

     
  • At 4:41 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Glad to be of service.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home