Mona's Blog

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Me....Interviewing??

So, we have an open position on our team. There are three candidates that we are planning on interviewing. Since I am the "interim director," I'll be leading the interview. ACK! Me, leading an interview?!? Yeeaaahh....not sure how this will go. It should be fine, I guess....I just don't really dig this part of the interim position. Actually, I don't dig most of the interim position. It sucks.

Anyway, instead of wearing converse sneakers, jeans and a sweater, I decided I should probably look like I'm professional. So, I'm wearing a dress shirt, dress pants and heels. Yep, that's right....I'm wearin' fancy clothes fer work! Amazing.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Interviewing is easy. Just think of the stupid BS questions that management asks you in interviews. Like, "Where do you see your self in five years?" and "What are your strengths and weaknesses?"

     
  • At 9:55 PM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Remember, they're more scared of you than you are of them.

     
  • At 6:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    True, Woody. Very true. The interviewing has gone well. We've only had two and I felt I did a lot better on the second one than the first. We have another today and then I think we're done. YAY! I am so sick of dressing professionally. Tomorrow I'm totally wearing jeans and sneakers. :)

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am finally getting caught up on blogs. I hope soon to get caught up with Eric and Woody's. I did a ton of interview and I LOVED it. Sad to say I often said yeah or Nay in my mind within the first 10 minutes or less. The hardest part of doing an interview I found was getting high quality people to interview. It usually was never too hard to decide. Sometimes the answer to just one question would kick them out of the running.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home