Mona's Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Squeeling neighbor....

So, as you all may or may not know, I live in a double (duplex, whatever you want to call it). My neighbors are two sisters living together. They are very nice and pleasant people to share a wall with, as they don't ever make any noise.

Well, the other day I was getting ready for bed and I heard a ruckus coming from next door (I love that word....ruckus. It reminds me of the line from "The Breakfast Club" that the principal uses after the dude falls through the ceiling of the library...."What was that ruckus??!"). I set my toothbrush down and went into the hall so I could get better audio. I heard yelling and I thought "Ooooo! A fight!!!" So, I went downstairs and leaned close to the shared wall. One of my neighbors was screaming fearfully, "NO! NO! NO! NO!," while stomping on the floor. Then all would be fairly quite for a few seconds and then it would start again..."NOOOOOOOO! NO! NO!" She kind of whimpered at one point, even.

I was a bit concerned for a minute, as I wondered if she was being accosted or something. But, then I heard her get on the phone..."Daddy! There's a mouse in the house and I don't know what to do!!!!"

I started laughing. I ran to go get a cat-carrier and went next door. She flung the door open and immediately turned around and jumped up on the couch. "So, I hear you have a mouse," I said. She pointed at the fireplace and let me know that it keeps trying to crawl out from under it. I tried catching it, but it didn't want to come out for me.....I assume it sensed that someone was in the room that didn't fear it. Then her boyfriend came over, so I let him handle the rest.

9 Comments:

  • At 5:17 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    The way the story started, I thought we were in for some XXX details. Then I read she was saying "No, no, no,nooooo!", thought she was having sex with me, and wondered how me and my terrible techinque got to Indiana. It's weird how a story can go one way and end in an entirely different one. Oh, and for the record, I rock in the sack! :-) TMI?

     
  • At 6:00 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    No XXX details with this story. I could tell it wasn't an XXX scream, as she truly sounded scared/angry. Good job for rocking in the sack, Eric. :)

     
  • At 1:58 AM , Blogger james said...

    You and your pet carrier. Maybe you should become a professional animal rescuer. Mona's Monsters on Animal Planet (don't worry, you'd show people all the good things about their perceived monsters, e.g. spiders). Now get to work developing my idea!

     
  • At 4:36 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I can just see it now:

    Mona driving around in her 'Mona's Monsters' car (I see it as an old Adam West era Batmobile, only painted in cammo) with James Brown blasting, when all of a sudden her 'Mona's Monsters Shrieking Sensor' detects someone in animal related distress. Instantly, mild mannered Mona jumps into action donning her Mona's Monsters mask to keep her identity a secret from her mobbing fans. That's funny! Can you pull off an Australian accent?

     
  • At 6:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can do an Arabic accent much better. :)

    I think you guys are on to something. I'll try designing an MM suit for myself.

     
  • At 10:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I agree with Eric in the fact that I thought the story was heading in one way then there was the twist. When you said you got the cat carrier I thought you had a cat in there and was going to have it find the mouse. Sorry, but that is what I would do. Growing up when I saw a mouse in the barn I would grab a cat and show it where the mouse is. Well, I would kindly pick up the cat and show it was. I was mean to the mouse not the cat.

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    The thought of unleashing the cat on the mouse crossed my mind too. I would buy one of those sticky traps. They work well. Although, I think Woody posted that he used one of those and he found it with a gnawed off mouse foot. Gross

     
  • At 12:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Don't you guys know me by now?? I don't kill animals. The cat carrier was so that I could go set it free in the woods like I did to the one mouse that Anna (my cat) caught and was terrorizing with her cat antics. The only things I kill are roaches and mosquitos.

     
  • At 10:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I think the sticky traps are mean! Anyhow, I took our cat Bob down in the basement because I found a mouse in the laundry basket. It then ran under the freezer and Bob was to afraid of the dryer and washing machine noise to do anything about it. Time to get some snap traps. Which I think is the most humane way to rid them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home