Mona's Blog

Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving was fun!

I arrived in Ohio about 4:30 on Wednesday. I was the first of my siblings to arrive, as my brother and his family were driving the 16 hours from Vermont and Leila was secretly in a Seattle airport waiting for her delayed flight to Chicago. I say "secretly" because we didn't tell anyone that she was coming. It was a surprise! Her flight was due in at 10:45 that night and I was certain my mom would go to bed well before that in order to allow me to sneak out of the house (sound familiar my high school friends??) in order to go get her without my mom noticing. But, alas, my mom stayed up until 11:00 and even with the delay in my sister's flight, I was getting antcy. So, finally, my sister-in-law, Wendy, told my mom that we had to run an errand. My mom thought it was quite strange that we would be leaving the house at 11:00 to run an errand, but she let it go. She was in bed by the time we arrived back at 12:30 and we snuck Leila up to my bedroom until morning. The picture here is of my mom seeing her in the morning...she's so cute getting all teary-eyed.

The rest of the trip was great! I goto to be with my both my brother and sister, which doesn't happen very often. We had a total of 17 people at the dinner. Check out my photos on Flickr to see the hooplah!

2 Comments:

  • At 7:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so happy for you Mona. With your family so spread out I know how much that day meant to you and your mom. Sniff Sniff

     
  • At 7:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hmmm Mona, did your blog change posting format? The last comment was me Amy Lousie

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home