Mona's Blog

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The draw of softball....

I'm not exactly sure what it is about me and softball. Here I am, 30 years old, completely lacking of experience in playing sports, and softball keeps showing up in my life. Last summer was the first time I had ever played, really (except for that one time in high school). And now I'm the "coach" of our softball intramurals at work. And just today, after volunteering to help out with volleyball in the Indy Special Olympics, I got asked if I could coach softball instead! I think I might actually do it, too. Let's see....other sports I've played:
  • Volleyball
  • Kickball (yes, it's a sport)
  • Cornholing? Does that count?

Uhmmm...yeah. I just sat here for several minutes trying to think of other sports in which I've participated and it just wasn't happening. Unless bike-riding and running are considered sports??

6 Comments:

  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger Mick & Cathy said...

    Just come across your blog on a random search.
    What is Kickball or Cornholing.

    My opinion Bike-riding and running are only a sport if your competing.

     
  • At 10:21 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Hey There! thanks for your comment. Kickball is like baseball except the ball is rolled toward the person and they kick it. It's often played in elementary school or middle school. Cornholing.....well, that is like a beanbag toss. You toss the beanbag into a goal area.

    I don't run or bike competitively. I just do it to stay in shape and have fun, so I guess those aren't sporty activities for me. :)

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Oh! I thought of another sport. I took tennis lessons two summers ago. That totally counts. :)

     
  • At 6:15 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Hey, don't forget your varsity letter in BAND!!! Not necessarily a sport, but we sure did sweat our asses off in those wool uniforms. I was in the best shape of my life when I was in the OSU band. Bowling counts too!

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    Yeah....I loved marching band. It was so much fun. Does bolwing count even though my score is usually around 90?

     
  • At 2:46 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Hey, is a ball is involved, it is considered a sport. Why else would ESPN cover bowling tournaments?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home