Mona's Blog

Thursday, June 15, 2006

SICK as a DOG!

Anyone else get that flu virus that is going around? I guess that's what it is, anyway. On Tuesday morning I woke up at 3AM with stomach cramping. I couldn't sleep and after up-chucking, thought it was food-poisoning. The next day was the worst day in my life.....I have never been so sick. Basically, the symptoms seemed like a cross between severe food poisoning (I think it's more tasteful to describe the symptoms in this way) and a bad case of flu. I spent practically the entire day laid out on the bathroom floor. It's now day 3 and all I can eat are Saltines and drink Sprite. So, needless to say, my b-day party is cancelled. Hopefully I'll be able to reschedule it soon. Can't believe I'll be spending my 30th birthday sick!! How unfair!

Oh well, I guess it's a good story to tell. Wheeee. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:40 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Sorry to hear about the illness. I once got a 24 hour thing Christmas Eve. Opening presents with a bucket next to you is no blast. I hope you feel better soon.

    I'm going to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! a day early because we are going up to Toledo for the day tomorrow and I may not have time to send you an email. Oh, by the way, HA HA, you're OLD!!! Still cute though.

     
  • At 8:28 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Ok, now it's your birthday for real. Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    I'm picturing you sitting in a robe, looking green with a puke bucket next to you and it made me laugh. THANKS for the birthday wishes! You're sweet. And as long as I'm cute, I don't care how old I am. :)

     
  • At 6:13 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I'm glad that invisioning my Yuletide Yarking made you laugh. You're so sweet! I hope you are feeling beter.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home