Mona's Blog

Monday, June 12, 2006

Mona and Church....wait, isn't that a contradiction?

My churching history is fairly feeble, consisting of me attending on 3 or 4 Sunday's during middle school after spending the night at a friend's house. Or me entering a church for an event, such as a family reunion, a wedding or a funeral. I've never actually gone "just because".....until this year. I'm not a super-religious type, but I am spiritual and so I figured I'd give it a go and see what all the hub-bub is about. I went at Easter this year and it was OK, so I went with some friends to a different church yesterday to check it out. I thought the church at Easter was more my style....the dude was much more inspirational and had a kinder, gentler message. Whereas the guy yesterday started off by "bashing" The DaVinci Code, which I don't think is cool. Anyone who starts telling a group of people how we should be concerned about a movie, a book, or anything of that nature just completely IRKS me. Maybe I'm too much of an independent thinker? I read that book and I watched the movie. I liked it a lot and I even thought it might have some plausible theory to it. But that didn't, in any way whatsoever, take away from that spiritual part of me. I don't quite relate to the concern that religions (not just Christianity) have over this sort of thing.

Anyway, next week we are going to go to an "Urban Church." We'll probably be the only white-folk in the church surrounded by a lot of dancin', singin', hootin' n' hollerin'!! WHOOOO! That should FUN!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Jessica mentions going to church every once in a while. I don't know that I would much enjoy it, but I think it would be a good way to meet people in out area. I think that the kids would enjoy it, maybe. I'm not sure how we'd find one we'd like. There are so many and I don't really feel like going from church to church until I find one that's right for us.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home