Mona's Blog

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Alternative Spring Break

I'll be leaving March 9th for an Alternative Spring Break with Butler University students (and my co-worker/friend, Tyler)! The Leadership and Service Education office at Butler organizes spring break events that are meaningful for Butler students. They need leaders to help out and I volunteered my time. So, for 5 days I'll be in New Iberia, Louisiana to aid in rebuilding efforts from Hurricane Rita. I'll be working side-by-side with the students with reconstruction, etc. And, I get to drive a van. YAY! Driving big cars is fun. Oh, and the best part....since it's a Butler University event, I don't have to take vacation for the time I'll be off from work. It's motivation for employees to give back to the University. How cool is that??!!

I'll be sure and take lots of pictures so I can share with ya'll!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:44 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like a great opportunity. I am glad you grabbed it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home