Mona's Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Eastern Europe, here I come....

I bought my ticket this week to Italy! I'll be traveling to Milan and (hopefully, assuming she can get away from work) meeting up with my friend, Megan, at the end of May until mid June. We'll spend about a week in Italy and then I'll meet up with James. I'll either fly into Albania and travel north with him or he'll fly into somewhere (maybe Venice? maybe Slovenia?) and we'll travel south. Either way, we'll be visiting several countries - Slovenia, Croatia and, of course, Albania (where he is located for Peace Corps). I'll be gone 3 weeks, 2 days and all the countries are places I've never been before. I'm very excited!! I bought an Eastern Europe book and will be buying a book for Italy soon, too. Yay for vacations!!!!

Oh, and by the way...I wasn't able to go on the Alternative Spring Break. I got sick and my recovery didn't go so well......so I ended up canceling the trip. I was bummed, but self-care was more important at that point.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:54 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Europe sounds fun. You should watch Eurotrip before you go. It is funny. Jessica and I will eventually go there, probably after the kids are out of the house. There is no way that I would drag the kids to another country. Canada, maybe. Definately not overseas though. Our trip to California should be more than enough adventure for me.

     
  • At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You are so lucky to be able to travel. That sounds like such a great trip. I am very excited for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home