Mona's Blog

Monday, May 07, 2007

Exciting Times

I'm such a neglectful blogger-person. An update of exciting new things going on....

I found a roommate! I want a cheaper living arrangement and found a wonderful person also looking for a roommate situation through Craigslist. It turns out that we have a good mutual friend (my friend, Tyler), which we thought was a bit ironic. Anyway, so we are searching for a place together and I will hopefully be moved in by July-ish time-frame.

I am registered as a non-degree student at IUPUI! I hope to start taking Spanish classes in the Fall, depending on how other things in my life work out. It's the first time in my life in which I'm just going to take classes for the fun of it and see what I gravitate toward in a no-pressure, no time-line situation. I feel, after two degrees and several years work-experience, that I can finally do something like this. YAY! I'm excited.

Other things happening at work that I'll talk more about later.

As for the most exciting thing this month and next month, the Europe trip is right around the corner! An update on where I'll be going starting May 23rd:

Country, Cities:

Albania – Tirana, Berat, Vlore
Montenegro – Budva and/or Kotor
Croatia – Dubrovnik, Split, maybe Zagreb
Slovenia – Ljublijana
Italy – Venice, Bologna, Cinque Terre Beach, Milan

I have a feeling I'm going to be tired when I get back. :)

7 Comments:

  • At 7:56 AM , Blogger Woody! said...

    Congrats on the roomate. It's amazing all the stuff you can find on Craig's List.

    Have fun on your Europe trip. Take lots of pictures for the blog!

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love Craigslist. In addition to finding a roommate, I'm also using it to find a place to live.

    I will most definitely have tons of pictures from the trip.

     
  • At 5:07 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What is Graigslist?

     
  • At 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    www.craigslist.com and then you select your state/city from the right. It's a place where people post stuff locally. Jobs, roommates, rentals, stuff for sale, etc. Check it out, although I'm not sure your town will be up there, but Toledo might be.

     
  • At 6:19 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Moving again Mona? Shocking! You so rarely move! (sensing the sarcasm?) I want to again express my gratitude at being one of your highschool friends and not one that lives near you now. Bad back, you know. :-)

     
  • At 1:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey, man....I've been in my current place for almost two years! Doesn't that count as committing at least somewhat? :)

    Seriously, I know I move a lot. You may be missing out on moving me, but you're also missing out on all the perks my close-by friends get - my dorky sens of humor, watching me eat pretty much 24-7, my disco music and my smiling face. :)

     
  • At 4:43 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Yeah, I guess there are some perks to living near you. The IS the disco music. :)

    Just kidding. It would be nice to hang out more than once every, what, five years?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home