Mona's Blog

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Update

Wow...it's been awhile since I've posted. Well, not too bad, but longer than I like to wait between postings. The last few weeks at work have been tremendous. It felt like there were all these demands and odd events that were jammed into the last few weeks and it was *quite* hectic. I think things are going to settle down for a little while....at least I hope so. And I finally finished my taxes today (grumble), so that's off my plate. Yay for being done with taxes! Boo for having to pay a high amount for state taxes. That pisses me off.

Last night I got to hang out with Terralyn and my old friend, Chad. I hadn't seen him in awhile, so it was good to catch up. We had our burrito/margarita outing and then all went to play pool and shoot some darts. I thoroughly enjoyed myself after the week from hell. It was good to get out.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You did your own taxes? Brave! I never did my own.

     
  • At 5:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Do you have a tax-person do yours? I've always thought that maybe I should do that, but I never have. But now I'm wondering if I should since I've had to pay a fairly noticeable amount to state the past two years.

     
  • At 11:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We have a lawyer who does them for us. It only cost us 60 bucks and he knows all the deductibles and such. Plus with having a mortgage and the rental I would not attempt to do it ourselves. Also he advised us on how much to take out of Neal's check so we did not get hit with a big pay out. We got money back this year from state and federal and only had to pay 17 dollars to city. So it worked out well for us.

     
  • At 6:07 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    I always use TurboTax. It's a computer program that has all of the tax rules included. It costs about $50 and is easy to use. You enter your W-2 information and answer questions to figure out deductions.

    As a side note, you could always get yourself knocked up. Kids are GREAT deductions. Or, buy a house. They are great deductions too.

     
  • At 9:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just the reason I was looking for to finally make room for kids in my life!! Tax deductions!! Perfect! :)

    I use Turbotax, too. It's really user-friendly.

     
  • At 2:57 AM , Blogger james said...

    hmmm. a tax professional? That sounds like a good idea. It's a shame no one suggested it to you before. Oh wait, your oh-so-wise boyfriend did ;P
    And since I'm being obnoxious already, I'm pretty sure you throw darts, not "shoot" them.
    Love ya

     
  • At 6:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YOU throw darts. I, however, shoot them. Which is way cooler than just throwing them. Like...WAY cooler.

     
  • At 6:44 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Public arguements bewteen couples are fun. Not uncomfortable for the on lookers at all. By all means, feel free to continue. :-)

     
  • At 8:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lol. You're funny, Eric. James started it! He's such an instigator.

     
  • At 11:52 AM , Blogger james said...

    AM NOT. Not listening to me started it. And Eric can butt out. Ok, just kidding. This is fun.

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm boycotting you. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home