Mona's Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

BMV, I dislike you today.

So, I got a lovely notice in the mail this evening from the BMV letting me know that I'm eligible to go ahead and reinstate my license on July 16th. That in order to do this, I need to go ahead and pay them $150 and show them proof of insurance.

Uhmmmmmmmm........WHAT???!?!!

So, apparently when you get in a car accident (which I did back in February), you have to provide proof of insurance to the state of Indiana. WHCH I DID!! I called Geico immediately after getting the notice from the BMV back in March. They submitted proof of insurance and I even called to confirm the next day with Geico. I recalled Geico yesterday and they confirmed again that they had faxed the certificate of compliance back in March.

Despite all this, they apparently suspended my license because their records showed they hadn't received it. What's worse is that they suspended my license back in April, but never told me!!! So, I've been driving all this time, not realizing that there was an issue. Had I known, I would have fixed it right away. I am very annoyed right now. I will have to try and fix this today.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:45 AM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    wow that's pretty crazy. Kind of like when my license plate expired, I got a ticket for it and then got an other one the very next day froma different cop. Apparently, you are supposed to drop everything in your life or risk getting fined and ticketed. What bull.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home