Mona's Blog

Friday, July 07, 2006

I've turned into a softball pro!

Well, not *really* a pro, but here's the scoop....
  • The last two games I have hit the ball every time I've been up to bat. While this is not normally something someone brags about, this is an amazing improvement for me.
  • I've also made it to first base on most occasions. Again....not something people normally get too excited about.
  • I play second base when in the field. I caught a few balls, passed on a few balls to first base, and received several balls, getting several people out. Normally, in the past, I would stick out my glove and close my eyes, which often resulted in my not actually catching the ball (can you believe it?).
  • The most exciting news of all....I made my VERY FIRST RUN last game!!!! I was so excited that I jumped around like a cheerleader after landing on the home-plate. And then, I made another run that same game, just for good measure. WHOOO HOOOOO!!!

So, in my opinion, I am no longer a liability to the team and can be viewed as an actual player. Everyone should tell me how proud they are of me, by the way. :)

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM , Blogger Eric Rhodes said...

    Call the Yankees! Get a scout out there to see that woman play! I enjoy a good game of softball too, but never have time to play. That is also why I can't play soccer. I am pretty good at the softball too. I usually get singles, but the last time I played, I had the highest batting average on the team. Probably because I just tried to get on base instead of hitting a home run. I had a hard time playing in the field though. Since I broker my arm, throwing has been a bit of an issue.

     
  • At 7:08 AM , Blogger Mona said...

    The highest batting average, eh? Cool! I'm planning on going to the batting cages at some point so I can get better. I want to wail on that ball!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    HI! Funny... my name is Mona too.. I typed in MONA WAUSEON and up came your blog! Anyway, just wanted to say HI from one Mona to another!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home